I’m going to put this link on the top, because I don’t think I could explain the health benefits any better. I love Holistic Highway’s website and I hope you can find some good ideas for yourself :-).
Ingredients for Salmon Patties:
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 small onion – finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk – finely diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley – finely chopped – (or dried or frozen parsley)
- 3 cups left over salmon filet
- 1 egg – beaten
- 1½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon curry spice
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- Pepper to taste
Ingredients for Sauce:
- 1/4 cup Cilantro Lime Jalapeño Dip
- 2 tablespoon garlic sauce – I used Steve’s Mediterranean Garlic Sauce from Kroger, but you could also use left over sauce from your last Mediterranean take out order, or also any other branded garlic sauce.
- 2 tablespoons sour cream – (or plain Greek yogurt)
- Mix all of the above until well incorporated and set in fridge until ready to plate.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and celery; cook, stirring, until softened; remove from the heat. *You aren’t looking for caramelization here, just softened veggies. Pull from heat when the onions turn close to translucent.
- Place salmon in a medium bowl. Flake apart with hands making sure to remove any bones or skin fragments.
- Add egg , mustard and parsley and mix well – again with your hands.
- Add onion mixture, breadcrumbs, pepper and curry and mix well.
- Shape the mixture into 8 patties, about 2½ inches wide.
- Heat remaining oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add 4 patties at a time and cook until the undersides are golden, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from pan and turn them over onto the prepared baking sheet. *The cooked side will be facing up.
- Repeat with the remaining patties.
- Bake the salmon patties for 15 minutes.
Dollop the sauce over the salmon patties. There will be absolutely no judgment on what serving size you choose to go with for your sauce topping. Add steamed broccoli or mixed greens as your side.