My husband and I are experts at growing jalapeño and poblano pepper plants. Every other plant tends to put up a nice little “I.O.U., catch you next summer” sign. So I combed the old interweb and found this creamy jalapeño dip recipe by Modern Honey. I’ve made this recipe three times so far and each time I make it, I replace the pickled jalapeño with fresh jalapeño, add dill and some juice from a dill pickle jar. I have yet to try it with the tomatillos, but you better believe its on my to do list!
This dip is good for dipping chips, making coleslaws or just drizzling on top of your meal for a fresh and spicy addition to any meal.
- 3/4 cup sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup Mayonnaise (if you prefer less mayonnaise, you may use 1 cup of sour cream and 1/2 cup mayonnaise)
- 1 packet Dry Ranch Dip
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1/2 cup Cilantro (tightly packed, may add more for fresh flavor)
- 2 tbls dill pickle juice
- 4 large jalapeño peppers
- 1/2 cup Buttermilk (if you want it to be thinner, add more buttermilk)
- Juice from 1 lime – fresh squeezed
- 1-2 tbls fresh dill (this depends on how “dilly” of a person you are)
- salt to taste (I used 1 teaspoon)
- 2 Tomatillos optional
- Add all ingredients to a food processor to puree.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve – remember to shake before serving.
NOTES: Add four cups of premade or homemade coleslaw mix to 1/2 -1 cup of this for a creamy coleslaw for tacos or your next BBQ.